Saturday, September 6, 2014

Dirty boys

Thomas took us all to the dirt bike track the other weekend. Of course my boys loved it. Poor Henry had a tough time on the track so we spent some time on flatter surface. Luke however couldn't get enough and has since decided he would like to be a bmx bike rider...
I enjoyed watching them and pushing Beau from activity to activity but I couldn't help myself from worrying how in the world I was going to get red dirt out of all their clothes. Still working on that by the way, if you have any suggestions. 
There were some big boys there too. Luke was proud to be doing the same thing as the other boys and I was so happy that they were really cool kids. Allowing Luke to go first. Giving pointers, even if Luke appeared to be ignoring the attention. One even put Luke's bike chain back on when it came off and showed us how to fix it for good. (The kid asked me if he could put it back on for Luke. I didn't ask him to do it. I was impressed.) I was happy Luke got to see older, respectful kids interacting with us and their siblings/parents. I know, has nothing to do with dirt bike riding, but it's important to me. Gives me hope for my future, with my three boys. 😜
On a similar note, our neighbor said to me the other day while our children were playing. "...that's why I like him (her boy) to play with Luke and Henry so much. Because they have such good behavior and manners I'm hoping it will rub off on him some." Proud mommy moment, my kids were the good example. 😊👍

Back to dirt bikes...
That's Henry on flatter surface. (A baseball field)
Bless his heart. He pushed his bike through the whole course trying to keep up with Luke and Thomas. (The two distant figures)


One of the big kids at the starting point. 

1 comment:

Rachael said...

What a fun activity for the boys!!! Bless Henry! And great job mommy on good mannered boys!!