No, we are not ready for a big boy bed yet...but we were given two twin beds and couldn't pass it up! Well, the attic doesn't have room for two beds and we aren't ready to get rid of our queen bed in the guest bedroom yet so, Luke's room got a new addition this weekend. He is not ready to move out of his crib yet but he has begun to try to climb out so we know it isn't that far away! I am hoping that by having the bed in his room for a while, it will make the transition easier when he is ready. We might even start trying to do naps in the bed in the early summer. When he does move to his big boy bed, we will remove the crib and add the 2nd twin. We took the changing table out this weekend to allow for more room. (that was a little sad) He was already too long for it anyways. I am pleased with how everything worked out, I was expecting it to be more cluttered looking. But we can deal with it for now. My original plan was to paint the beds/night stand white but now I think the bed is okay. We have to paint the room still and the night stand but we aren't going to worry about that until he is out of his crib. Here are our pictures of the transition after Luke woke up from his morning nap.

Hey, there is something new over there!!

What is that thing mommy?!?!

Is this really mine daddy?

The finished room...for now!
4 comments:
The bed looks adorable!
I don't know how I feel about this. My heart hurts. Where does the time go?
Love the new linens! Looks great! Makes that huge room look more cozy!
And - his little face in that second picture - so cute!
Luke's new trampoline, lots of fun
Dad
Post a Comment